2. Who We Are
Here are the details that the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), says we have to give you as a “data controller”:
- Our website address is www.pensionbee.com
- Our company name is PensionBee Limited
- Our registered address is Ground Floor, 50 Southwark Street, SE1 1UN
- Our nominated representative is Jonathan Lister Parsons, Chief Technology Officer, and he can be contacted at email@example.com
3. What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information you provide directly to us on our website, on any telephone conversations, on email or through our affiliated social media pages;
- identity information and documentation you provide to us online and offline;
- from third parties who we contact directly or indirectly using information you have provided to us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website;
- details of your visits to our website and the resources you use, how you interact with us, such as over the internet or smartphone settings you choose or through cookies;
- if you engage with a separate app or website that uses a PensionBee API (or whose API we use);
- when you provide information on behalf of somebody else pursuant to a power of attorney, the personal data which you provide about that person (including mental health information) may be processed as set out in this policy. In addition, information about your position as attorney will be held in accordance with this policy;
- a record of any correspondence between us including but not limited to email, live chat, post and recorded telephone conversations;
- information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following bases applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our direct debit processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
In most instances, we will process your data on the basis it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract.
All cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
Cookies on our site are set by us and also by third-party marketing providers we work with.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the website.
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
- creating a specific log-in session for a user of the website in order that the website remembers that a user is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognising when a user of the website has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the website and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- recognising if a visitor to the website is registered with us in any way;
- we may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our website.
- Customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website
Performance and measurement
- Collecting statistical information about how our users use the website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to users
Monitoring advertising performance
- Tracking the effectiveness of advertising campaigns so we can tailor our advertising to reach audiences most interested in it
5. How we use what we collect
We use information about you to:
- provide, monitor, administer, maintain, develop, expand and improve our services, including, for example, enhancing our customer service and administering your account;
- perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our services;
- confirm your identity by using third-party databases (e.g. the Electoral Roll and utility provider databases), although we will never perform a credit check on you without your explicit permission;
- locate the existing pensions you request us to find, by liaising, amongst others, with your past and current employers, your financial adviser, relevant government agencies and your current and past pension providers;
- undertake all activities and communications necessary, in such manner and with such third parties as we determine to be appropriate, for the purposes of achieving the consolidation of your existing pensions into your chosen pension (when you proceed to use our consolidation services);
- send you communications we think will be of interest to you in relation to similar products and services you procure from us;
- respond to regulatory, government or legal requests that are either legally binding upon us or which we consider legitimate.
You are able to recommend PensionBee to a friend by sharing your unique link with that friend.
If you have been referred to PensionBee by a friend and are signing up or have signed up to our service using that friend’s referral link, we will share your name and information regarding your pension transfer for the purposes of you and your friend claiming the relevant reward(s).
Please ensure when sharing information about PensionBee, including recommendations, in public (for example, on social networks or other forums), you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by others. We may use public recommendations you make about us on one public forum in other public forums.
We identify customers to our advertisers, including Facebook, Google and Bing. We share personal data including names, emails and addresses in order to tailor our advertising to reach the most relevant audience. Your data will not be used by these advertisers in other ways. We rely on the basis of our “legitimate interest” to do this. If you wish to object to our using your data in this way, you should let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will not use your data as part of our targeting activities.
In most cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases.
6. Where we store your data and how long we keep it for
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to provide our services to you. Where we transfer your data outside the EEA we have appropriate protections with our suppliers in place.
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
All information, including payment information and passwords, transmitted between our website and our servers is encrypted during transit. If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don’t share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data.
Please be aware that our primary regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, requires us to keep data related to pension transfers indefinitely and so if you have requested or completed a pension transfer with us, we will keep your personal data indefinitely in order to meet our regulatory obligations. Your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it. If you have not yet requested a pension transfer but have provided some personal information to us we will delete your personal information on your request.
Please note that after any termination of your PensionBee account (whether by you or us) we may retain information about you as required by law and our regulators, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
7. Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- if we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer;
- we can disclose it to other businesses in our group;
- we can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights;
- we can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
We may contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data.
Our main suppliers who we may share your data with include Google, Facebook, IBM, Microsoft, Origo Options, Salesforce and Trustpilot. Please contact us if you have further questions regarding our suppliers and data sharing arrangements.
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
8. Your rights
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes in the email preference centre, or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com. You may also opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your PensionBee account, your statements, the PensionBee services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
In addition, under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability) although we are only required to transfer personal data you have provided to us as opposed to all data we hold on you;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- restrict processing;
- object to processing of your personal data; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
PensionBee will comply with your requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data we store, in each case to the extent permitted by and always in compliance with applicable law. You may also correct your PensionBee account information (including any of your Personal Data held by us) at any time by logging into www.pensionbee.com.
9. Links to other websites
Please note that our Terms and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our website. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Last edited: 20-05-2018